Subject: [Leica] RE: Cars-- Citroen Perversions
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Wed Oct 8 15:36:46 2008

Phil and Olliver,

For those of the Citroen perversion, you should know that there is a
small outfit that rebuilds and sells, like new
Citroen 2CVs!!  They are written up in the latest Rodent Track magazine.
Or Rod and Truck or something like
 that.  Citroen Import Service even has a web site
<citroenimportservices.com>  .

For me the Citroens were always considered a "green" car, as their
components were always returning to their
natural state.. The steel was becoming iron oxide, the plastics and
elastomers were pyrolizing or hydrolizing.  I
am referring to the ID 19 and 21 as well as the DS 21.  Wonderful cars
when new, (for the first month)

My garage still stinks of the hydraulic fluid when my bosses DS 21
decided to poop out all it's capacity while
parked overnight.  That was in 1963, whe the car was new!

Jerry

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] RE: Cars-- Citroen Perversions)
Message from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] RE: Cars)