Subject: [Leica] Kaffie Frederick's
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Oct 8 18:50:32 2008

Man, oh, man!  ... a real hardware store.  Brings back childhood
memories of Brooklyn.  We also had one of these in town until a couple
of years ago.  They had everything and it was cheap.  Of course,
sometimes you had to have a local guide to find stuff shelved away in
obscure corners of the store and blow dust off the merchandise when
you found it, but somehow, that was OK.  It's been replaced by a
modern, well-organized hardware store with twice the staff, half the
selection,, and seemingly double the prices.  I find myself more and
more trekking down Route 128 to the nearest Home Depot when I need
stuff rather than deal with them.

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.