Subject: [Leica] Masai Mara 3
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed Oct 8 20:42:19 2008

In continuation of my photographs of my visit to the Masai Mara, I have now
posted a page of photographs of the Masai:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/?g2_page=3

The bright red denotes the men who have been initiated as adults within the
village. In the old days it would mean killing a lion with a spear, which I
believe still goes on in a secretive manner. Jumping denotes manliness and
virility, and the higher you jump the better. The elders are the authority
within each village. A typical village has about 50-70 people and 250-300
cattle!

All photographs with a L'Nikon D300 with a 50mm f1.4 lens.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Masai Mara 3)