Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD #14 - Why Sailors Hate Power Boaters #3
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Oct 8 21:58:39 2008

Dick, all these pictures are excellent. I cannot mail you off-list
because my nathanfoto account is down at the moment and your ISP will
reject any mail sent from from frozenlight.

Anyway, the powerboaters behave like assholes (yes, I saw your
comments about the 300mm lens etc. but still) for the same reason that
many people who have big cars or fast sportcars will pass you with
screeching tires, only to meet again at the next stoplight. It has to
do with psychological insecurity and possible an undersized penis,
which is being compensated for in this way.

I actually have a LICENSE to drive a motorboat--in Switzerland, you
need a license for everything, and when we lived there, we were
thinking of buying a small boat to putter around on Lake Zurich. We
never got the boat, but I did get the license (on the 2nd attempt).
Many of the behaviors exhibited by the powerboaters in your pictures
would incur a fine and possibly loss of license there.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain