Subject: [Leica] If you need a new $45,000 camera | Rob's World O' Fun
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Oct 10 11:29:31 2008

At 5:37 AM -0700 10/10/08, Frank Filippone wrote:
>The pictures of the lenses I have seen show no apparent location nor
>"gear work" for T+S operation.  It could be done in SW in the
>camera, or later, in the downloading SW.  Or internally in the lens
>housing.
>He also claims the T+S info will be part of the exif ( ?) file so PS
>will be able to do something with it.
>
>Sounds pretty fantastic.... but then again, I was convinced the 24
>F1.4 was for the S2......  This time I am waiting......
>
>BTW, if this thing turns out to be a bomb, financially, can you
>imagine the R+D expense put into the S2, when the same R+D expense
>put into the R10 would have gotten  the R10 out quicker or maybe a
>R10 at full price and an R11 ( Hereinafter called the
>mini-featured-R10... the "MFR10" ) at half price.....?
>
>Opportunity cost is real.
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net
>

>He also says the lenses are all T/S
>
>Doug Herr

I got to handle the S2 for a bit and discuss it with the person who
headed the design team.

There is to be 'a' T/S lens; a 30mm I believe. Four lenses are to
come out at the rollout, with others to be added later.

This same person said that they were going to be going directly to
work on the R10 after Photokina since the S2 project was now ready
for production (development).

Right after Howard and I got to see and handle the camera a group of
Hasselblad employees from their display stand came to see the camera.
That's this camera's competition and focus, and it could be a serious
contender.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design