Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 05/10/2008: a question for you birders
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Fri Oct 10 13:40:35 2008

Actually, he was on testosterone overdrive. The drumming is all about
sex and territory.

Metal on wood is often more than a male woodpecker can resist. It just
makes him sound SO DAMN sexy;^)

My hair-tearer here now is an unpaired mockingbird who sings in my
yard literally all night long. If there were mockingbird hookers here,
I'd pay to entertain him.

Still, that's not as bad as the whippoorwill who lived in my yard 35
years ago -- absolutely maddening!

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 05/10/2008: a question for you birders)