Subject: [Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat Oct 11 02:57:36 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> We have all been on vacation this past year, with our various cameras and
> lenses.  However, for me, some of the "stuff" I carried around just never
> got used on the trip.  So that we can learn from each other, the question
> is....
>
> You went on vacation with a bag full of lenses.  Some were ( almost)
> never
> used on the trip.  Which lenses were not used, and what was wrong with
> your
> selection?
I never take vacations, but on my last trip anywhere, to a symposium (2005),
I took
an M3; M2; 28mm f/3.5 LTM Nikkor; 50mm f/2 DR Summicron; 90mm f/4 collapsible
Elmar; Rolleiflex 3.5E; Sekonic Studio Deluxe; and a small Vivitar tripod;
FP4, HP5, and
Kodachrome.

I used to always bring my Stereo-Realist on trips, but without Kodak's
mounting service,
I hardly use it now, since I don't have time to mount the slides myself.  I
have at least nine
rolls from the last ten years still uncut, since it takes me over an hour
per roll, if I'm lucky,
and just haven't had the time.

Now that I have a 30D, I'm not sure what cameras I'd take on a trip.

In the pre-digital age, when I took my stock shooting trip to the Isle of Man
TT races by motorcycle, I took two Olympus OM bodies; 21/3.5, 50/1.8,
100/2.8, 300/4.5; polarizers; an Olympus Stylus, and that same Vivitar
tripod.
I used everything.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978