Subject: [Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Oct 11 09:18:37 2008

Good question, Frank! Lots of interesting answers out there.

On our trip to the southwest I took "the world" since we were in the
car and had room. But when I look at what I actually used I see I
shouldn't have taken: 1) any really fast lens. I had the Noct and the
CV fast 35 and didn't mount either of them. 2) "long" lens for the M8
- I had the 90mm and never mounted it. The 50 and 35 Sumicrons were
enough. I did use the CV 24 and 15.

For the Canon 1Ds I took the 560 Telyt and the 70-200 f2.8 IL plus the
24-70 f2.8 and my Leica 100 APO. Only the long zoom and the 560 were
used, the rest were just weight to carry in.

I also took the &*($#&(* Canon G9 to use when cycling.

I think if I had the bucks I'd buy a tri-elmer and it would be my
primary travel lens backed up by the CV fast 35 if I needed to shoot
indoors. Or use the &*(%#&( Canon G9 with its flash.

Adam