Subject: [Leica] OT! Beer Question
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Oct 12 17:17:17 2008

It was written in this educational thread:

>> I have a six pack of McEwan's Scottish Ale
> in my refrigerator

I bought a 6 pack yesterday and it says "Scotch Ale" on the bottle.

I was expecting it to say 'Scottish', which I have understood to be
the correct terminology.

(Years ago I had an acquaintance in the British wine trade who
referred to Scotch whiskey as Scottish Wine, but that's another
story...)

Could one or more of our Scottish or British or other knowledgeable
members weigh in on the correct descriptor?

--Bob

btw, served at the equivalent of 'cellar temperature' this is very
good.  I can just imagine how much better it would taste nearer to the
source, without having gone through whatever extremes of temperature
it likely endured en route to Oklahoma....

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT! Beer Question)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] OT! Beer Question)