Subject: [Leica] Scanner Progress......
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:04:41 2008

At 10:12 AM 10/13/2008, you wrote:
>I just ordered Lightroom 2.  When I get that, I need to check my scanning.
>This image was scanned to TIFF. I still have the opportunity to scan to NEF
>format.   I think LR2 wants RAW files for more image control.  SO if it will
>take the file format, I need to rescan, then tweak.
>
>Frank Filippone

Lightroom won't recognize the NEF files that you get from the Nikon
scanner.  Those are not really camera RAW files but a priority RAW
file just for the scanner.  You can get RAW files from the Nikon
scanner by using either Vuescan or Silverfast software.  Otherwise,
you can import the scanner files into Lightroom as DNG files and use
that as your RAW.  That is probably your best option since DNG files
are smaller and lossless.

Good luck.

Tina

Tina Manley