Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Ira's PESOs - More from the Newport Beach Concours - now in color
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:19:11 2008

First, my thanks to Robert Meier, Ric, Geoff, Lluis, Jim Nichols, Phillipe
Amard, Oliver Bryk and Jim Hemenway for all the kind words on my B&W set of
pictures from the Concours.

Now for the first set in color.  Starting with the  Talbot-Lago.  This car
is
a unique Figoni & Falashi bodied Coupe, the  only one with skirts on all
four
fenders.  It was originally ordered by the  Maharaji of Kalpurtha for the
Maharani, who was an exotic dancer with the Folies  Bergere (I couldn't make
this
up!).  It was imported by Luigi Chinetti in  1950 and donated to the
Nethercutt Collection in 2005.  Two full length  pictures here:

_http://tinyurl.com/3zqgwm_ (http://tinyurl.com/3zqgwm)
_http://tinyurl.com/49xej7_ (http://tinyurl.com/49xej7)

For Geoff, a ride in the 1929 Rolls-Royce Boattail Roadster:

_http://tinyurl.com/4s24kr_ (http://tinyurl.com/4s24kr)
_http://tinyurl.com/4uuvwm_ (http://tinyurl.com/4uuvwm)

A 1939 Delahaye T165 Cabriolet.  The French do have style!

_http://tinyurl.com/5xfs8t_ (http://tinyurl.com/5xfs8t)

1937 Rolls-Royce Phantom III Limo.  The body was designed by Geoffrey
DeHavilland, which explains the backward rake of the windshield, typical of
airliners of that era.

_http://tinyurl.com/4u5efh_ (http://tinyurl.com/4u5efh)

Finally, for Ferrari lovers everywhere, and who isn't,  a 250GT  SWB
Berlinetta Competizione

_http://tinyurl.com/4tx4mq_ (http://tinyurl.com/4tx4mq)

As ever, comments, critiques  and suggestions welcomed and  appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ira Silverman
Irvine, CA

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] [IMG] Ira's PESOs - More from the Newport Beach Concours -now in color)