Subject: [Leica] modern pocket watch?
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu Oct 16 20:43:57 2008

Rob M. Wrote:>Don't forget Omega's even closer cousin, Tissot. Today I'm
wearing a
>PR50 Automatic tutone.

Rob, I had my eye on one of those about a year ago but never bought one.  My
everyday watch is an Invicta Pro Diver automatic (Japanese version).  It's a
heavy but comfortable and well-made watch, Rolex sorta look-alike (my
daughter calls it a Faux-lex).  Accurate enough for my uses but nothing
special.  I do prefer automatics over the more accurate quartz models.  I
also have a 1967 Omega Constellation that has suffered from some less than
competent service (long story), but I still wear it often.  Before the Omega
I had a bottom-of-the-line Rolex manual-wind that some really skilled thief
snatched off my wrist in Saigon.  When I dress up (rarely) I wear the Omega
or a quartz Movado Museum.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE