Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Kodachrome scans
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Oct 18 12:10:19 2008

At 02:32 PM 10/18/2008, you wrote:
>They're both compelling;  I guess I may have a slight preference for the
>cooler one, despite the kind of greenish tint on the wood.
>
>Is the cooler one the more "straight" scan, and the warmer one your
>tweak?
>
>  -Jeff

Thanks, Jeff.  I wish I could afford to send the slides out, but with
several hundred thousand to scan, I'm afraid it would just frustrate
me to see that it could be better done with lots of money ;-)  I can
process these several times at different exposures and combine them
to get an HDR image and that's what I plan to do with selected
ones.  All of these are scanned as RAW so no color profile is
imbedded.  When I develop them in LS, I can balance the color with a
white balance eyedropper or choose As Shot.  I think on those two,
the warmer one is As Shot and the cool one is balanced with the
eyedropper.  I plan to try Ken's suggestion of using Photokit's grey
balance and see what that will do.

Thanks!

Tina

Tina Manley