Subject: [Leica] Lens hood cover question
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri Oct 24 18:26:03 2008

Last year I was testing a 35/1.4 asph and the earlier aspherical model (the
latter a user, luckily).  In the space of 4 weeks I lost both caps and broke
both hoods.  If you get the hood for the 28/2 and undo the screws that hold
the hood on the retaining ring, rotate the hood 180 degrees and re-attach
it, you will have a hood that fits the 35/1.4 asph, which has a cover that
clips on and stays put.  Since I was returning the aspherical, I replaced
the hood on that one with the original part.  I felt incredibly lucky that
the hood wasn't as rare as the lens.

Just a thought, although making a new cap sounds good too.  That original
one appears to mostly be good for falling off and getting lost.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene

--
See Exclusive Video: Hollywood Life's 5th Annual Style Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/Awards.aspx?AwardsID=style2008