Subject: [Leica] euro vs dollar and leica
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Mon Oct 27 22:07:04 2008

  For those old enough to remember, Mopar slant sixes and 318 v-8s
often outlasted the car. I also had good luck with GM/Buick small V-6
engines.  My last Regal was sold with over 237,000 mi with no major
beefs other than the airconditioning gone south due to florocarbon
strictures.

The 1 liter three-banger on my wee Metro was down to two cylinders
when it limped to my back yard.  Shades of a Trabant.  I was going to
overhaul the engine in my mud/laundry room, but my latest Buick has
spoiled me far beyond the 48 vs. 31 mpg difference. I do get the full
mountain of AARP mail, so I really can own a Buick.

Very few mechanical things endure like my 53 year old Leica M3.  Now
if the lottery ticket in my wallet is lucky enough, I can buy a M8, a
Nocti, a WATE, a Porsche, join the Hair Club for Men, circumnavigate
in a Bristol Channel Cutter, chase women half my age.....scary.

Charlie