Subject: [Leica] euro vs dollar and leica
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Oct 27 23:25:59 2008

I bought a Toyota Avensis last year with a 2.2 l, 150 hp diesel
engine. The car runs great, does over 200 km/h and cruises on the
motorway at 180 km/h without a hiccup. On my long drives, like the one
I did to Bath last month, it gets about 15 km/l, or about 35 mpg, in
the city about 30 mpg. The relatively low difference between city and
motorway probably has to do with my driving style, if I drove at
120-140 km/h I would get better mileage on the motorway. In any event,
it is pretty decent for a mid-sized, comfortable car.

Some of you may recall that I also considered a Prius, but in the end
went for this one because of better power and higher top speeds--and
also I do not like automatic transmission, and that is the only option
on a Prius. The sales rep at the Toyota dealership told me that the
expected life of the Prius battery was 6 years, the examples on
Toyota's web site notwithstanding.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain