Subject: [Leica] San Francisco
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Tue Oct 28 09:15:13 2008

Wayne and Charcot,
?
I agree. We went to Gasser's about 6 or 8 months ago. The used gear was in
cardboard boxes; they're now selling mostly N and C digital at full retail.
Not worth the time.
?
In addition to the Academy of Science there is also the DeYoung Museum which
has an amazing exhibit of glass sculptures by Chihuly. A friend of mine who
works at Keeble and Shuchat, Ed Clarke, ?(former Leicaphile) took some
incredibly beautiful photos here:
http://gallery.me.com/leicaman2#100401&bgcolor=black&view=grid
?
There's a great Farmer's Market on the warf, though I don't know if they
will be open on Thanksgiving. Also, if you want a non-tourist shot of the GG
Bridge, the view from Baker Beach is nice. This time of year with the sun
setting to the south the light may not be the best.
?
Shots of Victorian architecture, Alta Plaza at Clay and Pierce looking south
is a well known shot. The neighborhood is wonderful to walk around with lots
of old SF Mansions.

Enjoy. It's?one of the great walking cities...
Best,
Bob
?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA