Subject: [Leica] ... and Some Thoughts on the M3
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sat Nov 1 06:04:10 2008

The M3 rangefinder/viewfinder assembly is a completely different design to
M2 and subsequent units, and is no longer available. The M2 unit is less
expensive to make and, because of this and the popularity of the wider angle
of view it became the standard, the differences between subsequent designs
were small, but in some cases, such as the whiteout of M6 rangefinder
window, not negligible.
cheers,
Frank