Subject: [Leica] why do bombs whistle?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat Nov 1 16:33:14 2008

I'm glad your folks got through that.  I imagine most children view their
parents as somewhat deranged at times.  I did sometimes and I'm quite sure
my kids did constantly.  I believe that with the old ordnance, a long
amplitude (long whistling cycle) meant that the bombs were falling away from
you, while a short cycle meant trouble.