Subject: IMG: RE: [Leica] Framelines
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Nov 2 17:35:01 2008

Ted,

I agree completely.  I (for which my family is thankful) do not make my
living by photography.  But, I would say small format digital, like the
Canon's or Nikon's or M8, is the ideal compromise for me.  I have done a lot
of b&w printing with pretty much the best LF camera and darkroom gear, and I
am OK with the inkjet prints within the size constraints.  Actually, with
35mm negs I would say the inkjet prints I get are better than the darkroom
prints.  Some of the newer inkjet papers even somewhat resemble air-dried
fiber darkroom paper.  Most of all - all the crap fits in one bag, no tripod
and no time in the darkroom.  Bringing up the images in Bridge and making an
edit is like science fiction.  To me...but you already know all that.  The
only drawback is that it seems so many photographers are no longer printing
- just displaying images.

Ken