Subject: [Leica] digital analog comparison
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Nov 3 20:08:47 2008

Doug,
could you re-enlighten me on the settings you use with the DMR for your
wildlife work? I'm off to Antarctica again in the next week, and will be
taking the R9 DMR, 280mm f2.8 (largely on monopod) 70-180 vario (largely on
the zodiacs covered with plastic and on the monopod on land) and some wider
lenes. What sort of ISO, minimum shutter speed etc might I aim for. I have
been using the DMR usually no faster than 400 ISO with some negative setting
if I need more speed on the EV dial.

Also, any comments about what to do with the files: should I keep them as
the big 20meg files, convert to DNG files in LR. Does Capture 1 really do
anythingn for the images that LR and PS does not?

Any hints on handling? Boy just typing this is making me keen to "get out
there".

Cheers

Alastair