Subject: [Leica] Campaign 2008 pictures
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Sun Nov 9 07:30:28 2008

Experience has never been the main criteria. The system runs itself
to a great extent. Leadership, and an appropriate amount of Charisma,
is all that's ever been required.
Remember those heady days in the barracks? Leaders were picked first
for their innate skills, and then they were educated in the tools of
leadership. Acquiring the "hat of command" seems to somehow produce
its own inhibiters for doing the wrong thing, and generating an
impulse to pursue the right course.
In AIT, the ones with potential, and I underscore that word, were
culled out and given shake and bake courses in leadership, aka as
instant experience. The sergeants constantly reminded us that
leadership is made, and not something one is born with. Nothing
different with most jobs dependent on an election.
I think we should take greater askance over the coming tyranny in the
state of New York. There,  an individual used their "experience" as a
reason to thwart the will of the electorate with manipulating a city
council to circumvent a statute for two terms.
Here is a greater source of potential and future damage to democracy,
because all too often, as New York goes, so does the rest of the nation.
s.d.