Subject: [Leica] A Few Arches- for Philippe
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue Nov 11 08:26:03 2008

Thanks for poking around in my folder.  This is at Canyonlands National
Park, the north section (Island in the sky).  No hiking involved in this
one.  Well, maybe 100 meters or so from the parking lot.  It was fairly
overcast, but thanks to a polarizer and the right time of day, the haze was
cut pretty good.  This was also taken with the 180 Elmar stopped down a few
stops.  To see the haze that day, look at:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/311_grand_view_point-9518.jpg.h
tml

Taken almost directly into the sun just to the west of the previous shot.

Most of what we saw was within a mile of the road.  At the altitudes we were
at, it was hard for him to walk too far and some of the trails were fairly
steep.  My wife and I went on a few longer ones by ourselves in Bryce,
Capital Reef and Natural Bridges.  Longest one he did was 4 miles round
trip, and he was lugging his D300, a couple of lenses and a tripod.  He
amazes me.

Aram

> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:37:12 +0100
> From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@tele2.fr>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] A Few Arches
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> Beautiful photos of a fantastic place - never thought this
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/fall08/312_grand_view_point-
> 9523.jpg.html
> could exist - I had thought it could only be imagination.
> Where the place? I must go there before I'm 86, I must!
>
> Thanks for sharing these beauties.
> Amitiis
> Enthusiastic Philippe

Checked by AVG.