Subject: [Leica] IMG: Silky Soft
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Nov 15 11:21:30 2008

Thanks Len for your details, I know this lens, on the books, because
I'm thinking to give a present to my IIIF, now I have the Elmar 4/90 a
lovely lens but it has a low speed, and I'm at looking several
alternatives, the Summarex was a good one but is big lens, another one
was the Jupiter 9 (2/85 Sonnar copy) it is cheap but it is no easy to
find a good one and I've read that is has some focusing problem, other
alternatives are Schneider Tele Xenar 2,8/10,5cm, Angenieux 2,5/90,
Sonnar 2/85, Serenar 2/85 or Nikor 2/85. All good lenses but I like
the same as you, the smoothnes, I have also a Summilux 75, for this
reason I think that the lenses can give me a new touch are the
Angenieux, the Schneider or the Sonnar. OTHO for the IIIF I would like
to have a lens not to big.

When I get one you will know it, if you have some experiences with the
lenses I've said, your comments will be welcome. I can only say that
on the 80's I've tested and compared my Summicron R 90mm with an
Angenieux 90, and this one was better on the fine structure details,
the contrast and color rendition was different too, the Summicron was
better contrast but less smooth tones.

Keep sure your treasure and enjoy it!, if you need Sun, here is not a
problem!

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 15/11/2008, a las 19:01, Leonard Taupier escribi?: