Subject: [Leica] Multi-Coating Development
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Nov 22 06:42:41 2008

At 11:25 PM 11/21/2008, Robert Meier wrote:

 >The archives don't answer the question of whether Leica lenses are
 >multi-coated.   In fact, no one seems to know, as your answer indicates --
 >"... I suspect that that would have been when Leitz began multi-coating its
 >lenses."

Bob

You raise a good point.  I have no reason to
believe that my current Leica M lenses are not
multi-coated (my 1.4/50 Summilux-M is probably
not, but I'd have to run down its production date
to get a feel for this).  I own a slew of Leica
literature and a slew of books about Leica and I
am not willing at the nonce to jump over and
start digging through them to lock down the details.

But, as you say, we do not know.

I would suggest that all Leitz/Leica lenses made
after 1975 were multi-coated.  But, again, I am hungry to learn more.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Multi-Coating Development)