Subject: [Leica] Are Leica lenses muliticoated?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat Nov 22 15:29:53 2008

At 11:38 PM -0600 11/20/08, Robert Meier wrote:
>I've always assumed that Leica lenses have been multicoated since
>the 70's, but is that true?   There has never been an indication of
>multicoating on the lenses (no T* or SMC), and they don't have the
>almost garish multi-hues of Nikon or Zeiss lenses.    So, are they
>multicoated?

One of the very first lenses available with multi-layer coating was
the 35/1.4 Summilux. That was in the late 50's. It didnt' have 7
layers like Pentax promoted 10 years later, but the multi-layer
concept didn't start with Pentax (or Zeiss).

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Message from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Are Leica lenses muliticoated?)