Subject: [Leica] Are Leica lenses muliticoated?
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Nov 23 09:32:23 2008

On Nov 23, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Lluis Ripoll wrote:

> I would like to introduce, what is for me a different concept,
>
> Coating or Multi-Coating?
>
> Multi coating is of course technologically improved, IMHO I'm very
> happy with a coated lens, just to improve a certain flare without
> eliminating the parasite light. It seems that today nobody else talk
> about "The Glamour", nobody else talk as Ivor Matanle says on page
> 156 pn a portarit of his wife with the 150 mm Triotar "... The
> softness of the image in the out-of-focus areas is quite different
> in character from that achieved by modern japanese lenses".
>
> Everyone one of us has his own preferences and targets, for me
> perfection is not directly implied with beauty. For me the
> photography is still an art of the imaginary world, where sometimes
> we are finishing the edition work in our mind. For me perfection by
> himself is nathing more than perfection, for me the value of an
> image is much more important.

I believe I understand you well Lluis...very likely we agree on
this...so let me add....

Contrary to common belief, an exact duplicate of reality is not the
goal, even if it were possible...

more desired may be an artistically improved or more compelling
interpretation of reality....

as in music...
the greatest violins are those that rather than being "clean and
pure",  actually introduced their own voice/colors to the sounds that
enhances it in an artistic sense...like Stardivarius and Guarneri
violins can artistically enhance music, while at the same time
sounding quite different from one another...

even high end music systems don't just aim for exact duplication of
the music on the disc, rather they can alter and color it, in doing so
they can enhance it...

Steve