Subject: [Leica] Question about 35mm Summicron R versions
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 14:44:26 2008

Ken Benderly wrote:

> Does anyone know the differences between the various vintages of the
> 35mm Summicron R?  If I'm not mistaken, we have the 1970-1976 version,
> the 1976-1998 version, and the 1997-on version.  Also, ballpark prices
> for these lenses in the U.S. would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help with prices, but there are two optical versions: 1970-1976,
and 1976-on.  Other variations are cams and ROM.  The early version is
larger; my experience is with the second version.  I found it essentially
free of flare or internal reflections.  The only time light flare was a
problem was when the sun was just outside the picture area and its
projection reflected off some surface of the camera body's mirror box.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE