Subject: [Leica] An American Thanksgiving Thought
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Thu Nov 27 12:33:50 2008

To Gerry and my LUG and LReflex colleagues:

Thanksgiving.  Giving thanks.

Something we can all do, any time, any day, when we think about it.

It is my favorite American Holiday, because you can ascribe (or not)
to any religious or spiritual calling, break bread with family and
friends and strangers, and realize that you are probably much more
well off than you thought before that realization.

If you are reading this now, you probably own, have owned or want to
own a Leica product.  That puts you in a unique category, right off
the bat.  You might want to give thanks for that.

Or that you own or have access to or know how to use a computer and
access the internet.  Not bad, either

You're probably not going hungry, seeking refuge or political asylum
or dodging sniper fire or praying you don't step on a mine (even if
you area working journalist).  Pretty good.

So I when I whine to myself about not being able to afford an R 280 f4
or a full Telyt kit or a 19mm f2.8 and blah blah blah...I open the
armoire, look at the gear I have, the office equipment and computer
and small library of good books, my decent (and safe) home, lovely and
resourceful wife, extended family, two new rescue Border Collies who
think I'm cool (they need to get out more on that...), when I think
about having landscape restoration contracts signed and funded for the
coming year, a new Administration-in-Waiting that so far seems to Get
It, well, I have an embarrassment of riches.

Maybe today we can count our blessings, put it all in perspective and
take time or action to, as the old line puts it, "Be mindful of the
needs of others."

Thank you.  For reading this entire message.  You get my drift here,
right?

And have a really good day today, wherever on planet Earth you may be.

Bob
...who happens to be in Seattle - not that it matters.