Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon's got something..........
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri Nov 28 17:16:32 2008

I wish someone would tell the IT people about this trend.  $80,000 for a
server upgrade I don't even fully understand, except that it is necessary to
go paper-less and save the world...and that is for a measly 1.5 TB in the
"storage area network", consisting of multiple "spindles".  Additional SAN's
can be added to our heart's content.  I pointed out to our consultant that I
could buy a 1TB drive at Office Depot for $120, but they seemed not to
understand....

Ken