Subject: [Leica] Plagiarism vs. Derivation (re. Prince/Abell)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Nov 29 06:37:35 2008

>> I suppose Richard Prince can get away with is because he's boldly
defining a new kind of art: Plagiarism Art.  If this is what it takes to be
an Artist I'm very happy to be something else.>>

This Prince fellow?

It appears he's nothing but a copy cat and get's away with it because nobody
has taken him serious other than the brainless morons who've paid the money
of a cheats piece of copy cat crap.

I would think without hesitation, if he were to try and pull this off with a
KARSH portrait he may well be paying a hefty price of his cheating.

Of course there's always Vinnie and Guido when it comes down to dealing with
an out and out cheat who believes he's above the law and flaunts it in our
faces.

The other option maybe for other "Photographers to make copy cat copies of
his and claim them as their originals. I bet his lawyers would be freaking
out with glee at the amount of money they'd sue for if it happened.

Naw he's just a punk copier who really needs to be taught a physical lesson
he'll never forget and just leave him with all his trash money he'd never be
able to use.

Pick your choice of teaching him a lesson!

Ted

The really really old SOB when it comes to dealing with sh-heads who act in
this fashion.

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Plagiarism vs. Derivation (re. Prince/Abell))