Subject: [Leica] flowers, bw and color
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon Dec 1 12:38:45 2008

 On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
> often I prefer bw... here I am not so sure, so what do you think?
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/soleilfleursbw.jpg.html
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/
> soleilfleurs.jpg.html
I like the color better.  It seems easier to see the girl.  The B&W would
work better,
I think, if the upper left background was burned in to make it a slightly
darker.
This area competes with her face in the B&W, but in the color this (lighter)
area is
balanced by the colorful flowers on the right, so she becomes the center of
interest.
(I think I would like the upper left toned down in the color too, but it
doesn't seem
to be as critical there).

Alan

UPAA POY 1978