Subject: [Leica] IMG: Snow on Campus/analog camera
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue Dec 2 11:46:04 2008

Original Message:
>From"David Rodgers" <drodgers@casefarms.com>
>Alan,
>The first one is so good I actually felt the room drop 10 degrees as I
>stared at it. Nice composition.

And:

>I'm a proponent of analog. Sure it's a pain to (re)acquire the basics if
>you don't have them. But analog photography is relatively inexpensive.
>It's important to keep things simple. IMO, analog photography is a true
>photographic experience. It's amateur photography at its best, IMO, akin
>to rediscovering your youth, as it were. It's lots of fun and you never
>stop learning.

>Dust off that Rolleiflex and put it to good use! :-)
Thanks, (but sorry to make you cold  ;~)

And I'm with you.  My professional self is immersed in digital, but when it
comes
to analog photography, I'm an amateur, in the Latin sense of doing something
for the love of it.  I've got a Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar loaded with
Verichrome Pan
sitting at home as I write this.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978