Subject: [Leica] Guatemala City
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue Dec 2 14:34:06 2008

Brian ,
When I visited there I was the guest of the Canadian Ambassador and he
went around town with an armed guard - so do be careful. I arranged to
take a day trip to Tikal to see the Mayan ruins there. This involved
flying in an old DC3 from Guatemala City to the air strip at Tikal.
The whole journey made me feel like Indiana Jones. I don't know if it
is still possible to do this but the Mayan ruins are spectacular and
worth the effort.
Good luck and stay safe!!
Cheers
Howard