Subject: [Leica] M8.2 manual posted, finally defines "Lens dependent" Max. Exp. Time
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Dec 2 19:01:25 2008

Jeff you mean Firmware 2.002, I think. There is a subtle refinement to the
AUTO-ISO operation (from FW2.0) which is also easier to understand.
If you set AUTO-ISO with Lens dependent setting of slowest shutter speed,
the ISO is increased once the exposure slows to 1/focal length.
Previously it was 1/focal length + 1 f stop. If that's too confusing you can
just specify a speed instead of lens dependent. All of this requires coded
lenses and lens detection selected ON, of course.
Seems to work exactly as advertised in my M8.0 (aka Classic!)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.