Subject: [Leica] The Family of Man II
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed Dec 3 14:33:21 2008

> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:55:00 +0100
> From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@frozenlight.eu>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] The Family of Man II on a Spanish Newspaper
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> This is excellent, LLuis, although it would have been nice if the
> article talked a bit more about the book as such and not just one
> particular photo. But better than nothing!
>
> As for LFI and Leica, I think Alastair tried to get them interested in
> some way but with no luck. I guess their marketing department was busy
> dreaming up new Special Editions at the time.
>
> Saludos,
> Nathan

Hi Nathan,
I approached Stephen Lee about FOM II and introduced Alastair to him.
Alastair made a presentation about it to Stephen and then nothing
happened.
I wrote to Stephen pointing out that the photographs in the foyer of
the Solms
office did not emphasize the image quality that Leica lenses were
capable of producing.
(They were in fact out of focus grainy swirls of sh*t). Stephen did
find the time to
write back to me that it was Leica policy to allow creative vision to
the photographers
they worked with. But there was never any response to Alastair's
presentation.
Very strange in my opinion.
Keep those Alicante pictures coming by the way.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] The Family of Man II)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] The Family of Man II)