Subject: [Leica] A WILD tree hunt
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri Dec 5 08:08:58 2008

Those tame domestic trees are one thing, but a wild tree is another.  After
being stuffed on Thanksgiving Salmon, the Langhans? headed to the hills to
work off some of that food and kill a tree to celebrate.  It was a long hunt

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/christmas_tree-9939.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6d7dnp

But the weather was favorable.  No snow this year.  That was a blessing and
a curse.  No snow meant it was warmer, but it was harder to track down the
trees as they left no root-prints to follow.  We finally found two specimens
that were suitable for our needs.
Here was the winner.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/christmas_tree-9941.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/5c47m5

Taking careful aim, I approach and with an implement of mass destruction,
knock the roots out from under the tree.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/christmas_tree-9942.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6huexk

A 5 minute battle ensues, and the tree is finally subdued, rolled 200 yards
down the hill, and brought home for the tree feast of December.

After being properly prepared in the garage, marinating the trunk in fresh
house water, the tree is now displayed for all to see.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/christmas_tree-9964.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/5bbn5x

It was nothing like two years ago when he snow was really flying

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Tree+Hunting+2006/
http://tinyurl.com/6rzley

Comments welcome
Aram