Subject: [Leica] Re: Tina is obsessed
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Sat Dec 6 14:24:13 2008

> On Dec 6, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Tina wrote:
>
> >  I have over
> > 500,000 photos store this way with no problems so far.
>

> Wow! Assuming you have been photographing for 50 years, that's over
> 10,000 photos a year.
> When did you find time to have those kids?
>
> Larry Z

I don't think that's many for a professional photographer. In the book On
Being A Photographer, Bill Jay talks about David Hurn arriving in Texas or
Kansas or somewhere for a year-long visit, and shooting 1,000 rolls of film
in that year. That's 36,000 photos in one year, so about 13-14 years at that
rate to reach Tina's figure.

Mind you, he probably had someone else do his child-bearing for him.

Bob