Subject: [Leica] Bad news at Leica
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sun Dec 7 15:35:56 2008

The solution isn't all that hard to make a "full-frame" digital M. Just
create RF coupled retrofocus lenses and the issue is done. Backwards
compatibility with film M's, all the "full-frame" adherents and pundits
will have to find something new to complain about, and Leica's market
share increases.
Yeah, yeah, retrofocus lenses are huge and whatnot. No. The Noctilux is
huge. The Pentax 45mm pancake is so small that it's hard to focus
without changing the aperture.
It's all about registration and that's not hard to do at all.
Titting an adapter to accurately RF focus a SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4
isn't hard at all. I had one worked out but then sold my Takumar. One
of these days...
The only reason I'd want a "full-frame" camera is that I don't want to
have to buy fast + wide glass to get a "normal" FOV which comes close
to the 50mm f/1.4 lens I have now.
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Bad news at Leica)
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Bad news at Leica)