Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Mon Dec 8 12:17:55 2008

Perhaps he misread the 9 for a 0.

----- Original Message -----
From: "tm" <leicar8@hughes.net>
To: <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 1:25 PM

Stolen Leica camera tension!

My father's M2R was stolen from his unlocked Camry a year before he died
five years ago. I was frustrated inasmuch as I loved that camera and he
guaranteed it would pass to me when he died. Well, since his death I have
searched eBay for M2Rs periodically and never saw a matching serial number.
However, yesterday I found that someone was selling one but they only posted
the first three digits of the serial number and the image of the front and
top of the camera was too small to reveal it. I suddenly developed
apprehension upon determining that the seller is based 5-10 miles from my
parents' home, across the San Francisco Bay, and I sent the seller a request
for the actual serial number at 2:00 p.m. yesteday since the three numbers
they gave matched my father's. With the sales invoice from 6/10/1971
($263.75) and the police report about the theft on my home office desk, I
checked several times yesterday for a response but none came. The seller
finally responded this morning and my apprehension dissipated. Here is the
difference between the serial numbers:

Stolen:     1249081
Seller's:    1248981

Weird, huh? Meanwhile, the search continues!

Terry