Subject: [Leica] R Repair
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue Dec 9 07:58:17 2008

Kindermann in Toronto (former Canadian Leica distributor) use to do
all the servicing for old Leica gear for Leica USA at one point in
time. They did the CLA on my M4P quickly (between Friday and Monday
with pre-notification on my part) and reasonably priced as well as
convert some R lens to 3-cam.

Gerry was the one who told me that my father-in-law's 2 well-used SL
is not worth fixing because of the prism needs to be re-silvered (or
replaced - minimum of CAD $400) much as he would like to do the work.
It wasn't even worth it, according to him, to try to build one body
out of the 2 because the pentaprism.

With the current exchange rate of USD to CAD, it would be pretty cheap
for Kindermann to do the work.

Caveat is the work was done 5-6 years ago so I don't know the current
service staff.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from w4ao at windstream.net (Lloyd Westbrook) ([Leica] R Repair)