Subject: [Leica] RD-1 (AGAIN) or G1? now WTB: RD-1
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 08:55:21 2008

Philip Forrest wrote:

> Well, as I'm still in college and we live in volatile economic times,
> there's very little light at the end of this financial tunnel that I'll
> be so lucky. I've worked incredibly hard to get to the meager status in
> life I've got now but once I get out of college with a degree I'm going
to be forced
> to work at Starbucks or Whole Foods.

Phil, it's a matter of choices you make.  I got my engineering degree in
1982, a year much like current economic conditions (I was 30 years old).
This degree qualified me to work in an Eddie Bauer retail store.  I went
without booze, eating out, & travel, I rented a room in a house instead of
an apartment, my car was old and rusting.  A couple of years earlier with
similar wages & more primitive living conditions I bought my first Leica
camera: a new 400mm f/6.8 Telyt & NOS Leicaflex SL.  Best money I've ever
spent.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?