Subject: [Leica] message for Steve Barbour
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Dec 15 13:25:52 2008

Steve, they are heading for some feet of snow on the South rim. All of the
tour companies closed down and the airport was about to close, probably is
now. Snow in part of LV as well as rain all over. I did indeed get some
photos of the Canyon with snow all about and more clouds blowing in from the
(closed) North Rim. The snow across the desert was a novelty however I
nearly cried at all of the colour I didn't get to see this time.  The canyon
itself was filled to within 6 feet of the top with ice and slush... the
Colorado glacier! Our scenic flight has scenic views of the top of the
clouds for the entire trips. My M8 did not complain once. I took the battery
out and warmed it with my hands once, but I think the camera was just having
a little snooze after being turned on for ten minutes or so. Anyhoo stand by
for pics once I get home just before Christmas.
Cheers
Frozen Hoppy who forgot his woolly hat