Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppies USA adventures 1
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Dec 17 23:16:23 2008

Geoff:  Ouch!  Be careful out there!

If it makes you feel any better, most of us have done this at one time or
another.  I took a tumble with a film Leica several years ago, in Roslyn,
Washington, the little town where the TV series "Northern Exposure" was
filmed. I stepped off a curb in front of "The Brick" (the local bar and
eatery), and it was a lot higher than I thought.  I went flying, rolled
with the fall, and the camera bounced off the asphalt on a couple of its
edges.  I came up bleeding with a skinned knee and elbow, but I came up
laughing. Camera worked fine.  Lens needed a little adjustment at
DAG's.  The only total loss was my pants.

Red Rock Canyon is beautiful. I spent a couple of great days there.  It
sounds like you are enjoying our Wild West, but please try not to break any
more rocks, OK?   :-)

--Peter