Subject: [Leica] un-believable
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri Dec 19 09:04:15 2008

Well I got it too - I think he has just realised that it is going to be a
Christmas season of drastically reduced luxury buying, there being no
investment bankers left in the world. Jokes apart, I thought he would have
said something more, and made it easier to purchase their merchandise for
all of us living in countries where they have no dealers. It gets extremely
difficult to buy new - and there is no grey market here at all for Leica
products, unlike Nikon & Canon who actively encourage grey market sales
because of high import duties. I just bought a Summarit 35 from Hoppy's
dealer in Australia, and because of difficulties on the mode of payment, I
had to get a friend in Sydney to pay and take delivery. Annoying and painful
- but the price was too tempting...
Cheers
Jayanand