Subject: [Leica] A better newsletter from Leica
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Dec 19 16:25:06 2008

Doug... do we have a definition of "working"?

Focus to infinity?  Auto Aperture?  AE in any one or more modes?

Just plain fits with an adapter?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

> Look at the lens..... there are no aperture adjustment rings on the 70mm
> Lens.....

Yup, aperture controlled by the camera body, and the same is true of the
other S-system lenses.  Probably makes it easier to weather-proof the lens.
I'm not thrilled about the missing aperture ring, especially if it's also
missing on new AF R lenses but as long as existing R lenses work on the R10
(as harberts has said) I'll be OK with it.

Doug Herr