Subject: [Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 21 13:27:15 2008

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>But let me tell you lots of fashion photography gets done with a tripod.

Likewise, lots of wildlife photography gets done with a tripod.  Probably
the vast majority.  However I find that with greater mobility it's easier to
get the backgrounds & foregrounds I want, to take best advantage of the
lighting and the animal's habits, and to take advantage of other unexpected
fleeting moments, like

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/cago01.html

(technically the camera was "on a tripod" but I had picked the whole thing
up to pan with the geese)

Most of the time I don't have human observers, however during my recent
sessions with captive raptors there were several.  One (also a photographer)
observed my use of the shoulder stock/monopod rig and remarked at the
greater mobility, and how this allowed me to quickly change backgrounds and
perspective, and to move around left right up & down at will as the birds
and their handlers turned stood sat and whatever else fidgety people and
birds do.  Makes a HUGE difference to me.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions)