Subject: [Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 22 08:17:36 2008

I agree that the mobility issue is important.  Also the issue of the
"command center" for Art Directors.  It does not offer a tough competitive
advantage if it is software that could be easily replicated.

I think we have established that Hasselblad was first....the S2 is second.

I do not doubt that the S2 will be a #1 image maker.... the issue for me has
been whether an R10 would provide more and faster revenue, the real business
issue at hand here; and if the S2 will have a market that is both large
enough for 2 ( Hasselblad and Leica) and will be market successful.

We have not been able to establish that there is a Professional NEED for the
extra image quality  that the market will support to any suceesful business
degree.

Amateurs will chase technology and perceptions.  No matter how obscure,
expensive, nor unneeded.

I wish Leica good luck, but I  have my doubts that wthey did anyting that
will help their bottom line.

Frank

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions)