Subject: [Leica] Backlight with the Rollei 35S
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Dec 23 06:19:01 2008

Great image, Lluis!

Years ago I bought my first M6 from a woman whose father had passed and
she was selling his camera gear. He'd been a successful commercial
photographer on the Oregon Coast. He'd done a lot of different things,
but his specialty was aerial work.

The woman didn't publicized the sale. I saw it on a flyer she'd posted
in the local art center.  There was a ton of equipment to pour over, and
not another person there buying. There was everything you could imagine,
most of it top end equipment.

Not surprisingly, she had lots of wonderful photographs on display in
her home. One photo really caught my eye. It was an 8x10 BW of young kid
standing on a rock getting ready to dive into what was obviously a local
swimming hole. Some photographs seem to stick with me, and that was one.
I asked about it. She held up a Rollei 35 and said, "he took that one
with this."

It wasn't a technical masterpiece. But, it had greatness. I remember
thinking to myself that out of all that camera gear -- a lot of which
I'd dreamed of owning at one time or another -- the photo that stood out
the most was taken with a little Rollei 35.

The Rollei was one of the few items not for sale. I bought the M6. I
really wanted the mint Plaubel Makina, too, but alas I had no more
funds. :-(

DaveR