Subject: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue Dec 23 18:14:03 2008

> My reply wasn't directed at you, personally. I just thought Elliot
> Erwitt's comment about the Zone System being nonsense was a little ironic
> on his part.

Zone Good: slight overcast, soft enveloping light.  Expose and develop
normally.

Zone Bad: Dark overcast, drizzle, little contrast.  Expose less and develop
more.

Zone Ugly: Sunlight, afternoon.  Expose more and develop less.

Zone Butt-Ugly: Noon, sun, squint.  Forget it.

I'm sorry if it has been posted on the thread.  I know it's old and nerdy.

Ken